4 February 2015

Left my Heart in Tokyo

I really love this adorable jumper with its bright geisha motif, which I came across quite unexpectedly during an impromptu shopping trip after work recently, and was delighted to find. I've long had a fascination with geisha customs and of course the intricate hair and make-up styles. Although I can't see myself being quite so committed to a fully-made up look, or possessing the grace and manners of a formally trained geisha, it was lovely to don this jumper and capture an essence of the geisha, if only for a day. I took pictures both inside and outside, on a very cold and windy day. The sun made a brief appearance but, like most good things, was gone too soon. Oh and the title of this post is a reference to the song by Mini Viva, which you can listen to here.


Jumper - Joy, Blazer - Oasis, Trousers - Principles Petite by Ben De Lisi (similar), Footwear - Lonsdale, Bag - Voodoo Vixen, Gloves - Tu (Sainsbury's), Sunglasses - Ted Baker at T.K Maxx, Owl stud earrings - part of a multipack from Dorothy Perkins, Polka dot collar top (worn underneath in indoor images) - Principles by Ben De Lisi









Would you like to be a geisha for a day?
Related post



















5 comments:

  1. Cute sweater :)

    myvintagephotography.blogspot.de/2015/02/african-vibe.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your pictures ! thank you for your support on bloglovin and my blog xxx
    Giving back my support xxxx btw the sweater is too cute
    http://theycallmebambam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your encouragement and kind words SanyaG!

    It's a pleasure to support you and your blog, and hopefully we can stay in touch!

    Saba x

    ReplyDelete