30 April 2017

Tiger, tiger, burning bright

Hi everyone! I’m back with an outfit post to share with you. I took these pictures on a sunny evening during my Easter holidays from work. I was drawn to this pink jumper by ASOS petite, with its vivid depiction of a tiger on the front, and clusters of red and white flowers. I’ve never seen anything quite like it, and it definitely stood out to me. Lately, the items of clothing I love seem to feature animal imagery of some kind. You might remember my recent outfit post (Embroidered Swallows and Gem-Encrusted Jeans), which featured a top with a striking bird motif. I wasn’t sure how the petite fit of this particular jumper would turn out on me though, as I normally get my tops in standard sizes. However, I was really pleased that this top did fit me, and the proportions weren’t too small. I was able to get the jumper over my head without feeling strangled, and the sleeves weren’t tiny, so I was happy I could keep it! Luckily I got it half price during the sales, making it a must-buy! As it’s a fine knit rather than a heavy jumper, I’ll definitely get more opportunities to wear it. I wore it several times just in the first week of having it!  

Anyway, I wore this pastel shade of pink after many years. I’m not sure why I stopped wearing pink in the first place, other than feeling it somehow looked immature and not ‘grown up’ enough. But these days I just wear the colours I like, rather than sticking to dark tones. I love darker colours too for a more dramatic look sometimes, but I feel bright and vibrant colours suit me more, having a positive effect on my mood.

I styled the tiger jumper with indigo jeans and big twinkly earrings from my jewellery collection, which I don’t get many occasions to wear. I like the shimmer to them and the way they make a more casual daytime outfit suitable for evening. I added my leopard print furry coat, as it still gets cold when the temperature drops in the evening. As you can see, this outfit includes different prints and various textures, but I think it works well overall, with the pastel pink and neutral shades of the leopard print coordinating, so the different elements don’t clash.

What do you think of this look? How would you style a tiger jumper? Please let me know in the comments below. 

Thanks for dropping by, and have a lovely bank holiday weekend. Lots of love Saba xx

TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
             (The Tiger, William Blake)

Jumper - ASOS Petite
Jeans - similar
Coat - similar
Trainers - similar
Sunglasses - similar
Earrings - similar

Related posts


13 comments:

  1. Hi Saba!

    That tiger jumper is really cool! I've not seen anything quite like it before either, which is surprising. I think the pastel pink shade is a lot more grown up than a bright fucshia or Barbie pink is, so I like it!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your positive comment! I'm really happy you like the jumper. I agree, the shade of pink is quite versatile and refined, so I'm glad about that!

      I hope you're having a fab weekend Lorna! xx

      Delete
    2. Happy Tuesday, Saba! Hope you're well!

      Raindrops of Sapphire

      Delete
  2. Great Sweatshirt

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    www.rimanerenellamemoria.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! The jumper is really unique - I always feel drawn to animal imagery as well. And I love that William Blake quote! I actually felt like that about pink for a while too but, like you, I just don't care anymore whether something might look "immature"...life is too short for that :)
    Hope you have a lovely week!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christina! You made my day with your thoughtful comment! I'm really glad you like the jumper, and appreciate animal imagery as well! That's good advice, I'm glad you're wearing whatever makes you happy and not sticking to any outmoded rules about fashion! Thanks so much for noticing the quote from the William Blake poem. I studied the poem at school when I was 16, and it really made an impression on me.

      I hope you have a lovely week as well! xx

      Delete
  4. Saba, I like the color pink on you... I actually think it is a great shade for you... and I really like the print jacket, it looks wonderful on you xox

    I apologize I have not been around for a long time... I have been in awful pain and I could barely do anything, thankfully my doctor prescribed me a new pill that seems to be helping... now I can get back to writing and blogging... I hope you are doing well xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Launna! I was thrilled to find out you're back in the blogosphere. I'm sorry to hear of the pain you were in, but glad to hear it's gradually improved to a level you can manage your life.

      Regarding the fashion, thank you so much for always being encouraging. I'm so glad you like the jumper, and overall look. Take care and speak soon. xx

      Delete
  5. Definitely pretty in pink, and I totally love the Tiger print! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much RO! I'm thrilled you like this look. xx

      Delete
  6. That is an awesome tiger print sweater!

    https://twitter.com/AverageGuyStyle

    ReplyDelete